Lead the Way to a More Secure World
Our Master’s Degree in Global Cybersecurity will prepare you to respond to the increasing need for a practical, solutions-oriented approaches to improving information security. Today, despite a global rise in cybercrime, organizations often lack sophisticated defenses or thorough preparation to stop hackers before their data is exposed. Highly trained experts are needed in this growing and lucrative field, and employers in the public and private sectors are seeking strong leaders who understand the technical, operational, and psychological solutions to cybercrime. In this program, you will develop a strong understanding of where and why breaches originate and how to apply common sense solutions, both technical and human-centered.
This program is built on a foundation of technical expertise, geopolitics, psychology, and sociology, to provide you with a deep understanding that it is impossible to thwart a security breach without seeing the bigger picture surrounding an incident.
Three Certificates in One Degree
This program is built as a series of three stackable professional certificates that result ultimately in completion of a Master’s degree.
The Information Security Essentials certificate focuses on the foundations of information security, the geopolitical threat landscape, the psychology and sociology of information security. It provides an overview of how organizations implement security or how security impacts an organization. Classes include:
- GCC 6000: Foundations of Information Security
- GCC 6100: The Geopolitical Threat Landscape
- GCC 6200: Psychology and Sociology of Information Security
- GCC 6300: Security Organization
The Security Operations certificate is more technical in nature, centered on identifying vulnerabilities and creating security strategies. Coursework includes:
- GCC 6050: Offensive Security
- GCC 6150: Defensive Security
- GCC 6250: Incident Response
The Software Security certificate focuses on creating holistic security practitioners, able to assess the security landscape, develop strategies to prevent intrusion, and analyze breaches with an eye toward resolving and deepening protection and detection capabilities. Classes include:
- GCC 6075: Programming in Rust
- GCC 6175: Software Validation
- GCC 6275: Security Across the Lifecycle
To learn more about the MS in Global Cybersecurity coursework, contact a Momentum Advisor.
Skills and Outcomes
The MS in Global Cybersecurity prepares graduates to work across an organization to reduce risk to information assets and substantially improve information security. In this program, you will learn to:
- Analyze and resolve security issues in networks and computer systems to identify appropriate measures to protect IT infrastructure.
- Design, develop, test, and evaluate secure software.
- Develop policies and procedures to manage enterprise security risks.
- Evaluate and communicate the human role in security systems with an emphasis on ethics, social engineering vulnerabilities and training.
- Interpret and forensically investigate security incidents.
- Develop and implement security within a Software/Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Detect methodologies and combat attackers from intrusion or other suspicious attempts to gain unauthorized access to a system and its resources.
- Identify threats, protect data, and respond to attacks that occur over the Internet.
- Plan, implement, and audit operating systems’ security in a diverse environment with both traditional, on-premise assets as well as those hosted with service providers.
- Provide contingency operations that include administrative planning process for incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning within information security.
Structured to Meet the Needs of Busy, Working Adults
- Convenient Online Format: Courses are offered online and structured to allow you to complete coursework independently, when it’s convenient for you.
- Manageable Coursework: Full-time accelerated students take two courses every seven weeks.
- Immediate ROI: Classroom learning will come to life through case studies where you’ll be encouraged to use your own job as a learning lab—which has the added benefit of reinforcing your value to your current employer.
- Experienced, Supportive Faculty: Our faculty are experienced professionals. They are experts in what they teach, and have strong connections in their professional communities.
- Expand Your World: As busy adults it can be hard to expand your worldview. Rosemont attracts a diverse student body, which brings different experiences and knowledge to the classroom, providing a robust learning experience.
- Easy & Free to Apply: We believe a quality education should be affordable and attainable, and our application process reflects this commitment. Applying is easy, and free.